Does your new year resolution involve getting pregnant? The reproductive specialists at RCC fertility clinic in Mississauga, Ontario share some ideas for new year’s resolutions that can help you conceive this year.
- Resolve to get healthy. Being over or underweight may make it more difficult to conceive. This year, aim to reach a healthy BMI. Achieve your desired BMI range by eating healthy and exercising regularly. Consider eating less carbs and processed foods, and instead choose vegetables and lean protein.
- Resolve to quit bad habits. Smoking, drinking, and drugs should cease before trying to get pregnant. These bad habits may hinder fertility in men and women, so ditch them now in order to give you and your baby the best chance at success.
- Resolve to visit the doctor. Get a checkup now to find out if there may be any health issues that need to be addressed. Your doctor can also recommend vitamins and supplements to help any areas you may be lacking.
- Resolve to stay positive. Don’t play the blame game—it is not your fault, or your partner’s. If you have suffered a loss, take time to mourn. Know that you are not alone; many couples experience a loss, but it doesn’t mean you can’t try again. Stay positive that your turn will come in due time.
- Resolve to never give up. For many couples, getting pregnant can take months of trying. If you have been trying to conceive for more than six months to a year unsuccessfully, it doesn’t mean you can’t have a family. It just means that it may be time to seek help and speak to a fertility doctor. Schedule a consultation with an expert at RCC’s fertility clinic in Mississauga, Ontario to determine what the best plan of action is to grow your family. We offer testing to figure out the cause of infertility and a variety of fertility treatments to best suite your needs.