While many still associate infertility with women, many men deal with fertility struggles as well. This Father’s Day, there will be men who wish they could be celebrating with their own children, but find themselves depressed over the inability to conceive. The reproductive specialists at RCC fertility clinic in Mississauga are here to assure you that you are not alone in your fertility journey and you can get through this holiday just like your partner. Check out some of our ideas on how to cope this Father’s Day weekend.
- Stay in with your partner. Many popular venues might be full of fathers celebrating with their children, so it’s perfectly acceptable to be a hermit this weekend. Enjoy a home-cooked meal and cuddle with your partner and some movies.
- Go outside. If weather permits, take a jog or a bike ride. Exercising is great for you of course, but it can help clear your mind too.
- Get the guys together. Rally together your other child-less friends and go golfing, see a comedy show, or enjoy some beers at a sports bar.
- Find a local or online support group, or visit a therapist who can listen and support you through this infertility journey.
- See a doctor. If you are your partner have been unsuccessful in getting pregnant for six months to a year, it’s time to schedule an appointment with a fertility specialist. The Reproductive Care Centre (RCC) in Mississauga will work with to find the right treatment plan for you.
This Father’s Day, don’t worry about what you don’t have yet, but instead embrace those who stand by you. Allow us to help grow your family today so you can enjoy the next Father’s Day with your newest addition!